Sunday, January 29, 2017

3 Exams Down

            My classmates and I just finished our first few tests.  Tuesday we had our first Histology test.  Histology is an online class where our instructors put up power points and documents on our online system called Sole and it is our responsibility to learn it and we meet once a week to ask questions.  Basically we have a test and then have a week off to learn the next unit, and then have another test…the entire semester, but it isn’t too bad.  It’s nice that we get to meet to ask questions unlike typical online courses. Wednesday was our first anatomy practical. I was more nervous for this one. I ended up doing alright, but it’s my goal to do better on the next one. Take your time, read the questions carefully, and practice your spelling (1/2 point deductions add up).  Friday was the anatomy lecture exam.  While I don’t have my grade back, I felt really good about it.  Half of the test was labeling diagrams and we knew that going into it so there was no excuse to miss any of those points.  The remainder of the test was multiple choice, short answer, and fill in the blank.  Tomorrow afternoon is our first Intro to Disease Mechanism exam so this weekend has been filled with more studying.  This will be 59 multiple choice and matching questions.  I think this is my most challenging class so I have been studying a lot and I hope it pays off!

            All work and no play is no fun!  We needed a break at the end of the week and it was my classmates Jessica’s birthday Thursday so we met up for dinner downtown Friday night and had a really good time!  I know I have said before that we all get a long, but we really do have a lot of fun together which is really nice because most people came here not knowing anyone!  I am going to get back to studying but I’m looking forward to a break in exams this week after Monday.  It’s challenging, but I am really enjoying it!




No comments:

Post a Comment